In this clip, members of the Women’s Forum of Middlebury College load up holiday gifts into a truck parked behind Forrest Hall, en route to the Meeting House in Ripton, VT. Upon their arrival in Ripton, local children run (and slide, trudge, and sled) to meet them. The Middlebury women, joined by a costumed Santa, distribute their holiday gifts.
Established in 1937, the Women’s Forum was itially organized to further interest in economic, political, and social issues of the day. In 1944 the group merged with the Student Action Assembly to focus on social and service work. This clip dates likely dates from the early to mid 1940’s.
Happy holidays from Special Collections & Archives.
CHANGE IN PAYROLL DEADLINE FOR THE LAST PAYROLL OF 2014
The College will be closed for the holiday break from 5:00 p.m. Friday, December 19, 2014 through Thursday, January 1, 2015. The last payroll of 2014 falls within the holiday break, with a pay date of December 24, 2014. The following change has been made to the time entry/time approval deadline and paycheck distribution:
- Deadline for submitting AND approving time – Tuesday, 12/16/14 10:00 a.m. (Remember to submit your time prior to 10:00 a.m. to allow supervisors adequate time to approve timesheets; please note, the pay period is 12/08/14-12/21/14 and does not include any Holiday time.)
- Paycheck Distribution* – checks will be available for pickup on Wednesday, 12/24/14 from 8:00 -10:00 a.m. in the Student Financial Services Office, 1st Floor of the Service Building (Please bring your College ID with you to pick up your check. You will only be able to pick up your own check – NO EXCEPTIONS. Any checks not picked up by 10:00 a.m. will be delivered through regular campus mail on Friday, 1/02/15.)
- Direct deposit stubs will be delivered through regular campus mail on Friday, 1/02/15.
- Paychecks and direct deposits will be dated Wednesday, 12/24/14.
*Sign up for direct deposit now and save a trip to campus during the break to pick up your paycheck:
- Log on to BannerWeb http://go.middlebury.edu/bw
- Select the Employee tab
- Click on Pay Information
- Click on Direct Deposit Allocation
- Click on Add New Direct Deposit
- Enter bank information and save
Please inform all your staff of this change in the payroll schedule
January 2015 – June 2015
- Wednesday January 7, Davis Library 150D
- Thursday January 15, Marble Works 201
- Wednesday January 28, Davis Library 150D
- Thursday February 5, Marble Works 201
- Wednesday Februrary 18, Davis Library 150D
- Tuesday March 3, Davis Library 150D
- Thursday March 12, Marble Works 201
- Wednesday March 25, Davis Library 150D
- Wednesday April 8, Davis Library 150D
- Tuesday April 14, Davis Library 150D
- Thursday April 30, Marble Works 201
- Thursday May 7, Marble Works 201
- Wednesday May 20, Davis Library 150D
- Tuesday June 2, Davis Library 150D
- Thursday June 11, Marble Works 201
- Thursday June 25, Marble Works 201
To schedule an appointment with Erik Moreau, please call the Field Support Team at (800) 732-8353, M-F 8am – 8pm (EST).
Gail Smith is retiring from the College on January 2, 2015 after 39 years of service! Join us for some cake and refreshment at The Grille from 3:00-5:00 on Tuesday, December 16th, for a celebration in Gail’s honor. Stop by, share a laugh, share a story, and wish her well as she moves on to the next chapter of her life.
Frank Winkler (Emeritus Professor, Physics) has been awarded funding from the NASA-funded Space Telescope Science Institute for his role in a collaborative research project involving researchers at STScI and University of Toronto. This project entails observations from the Hubble Space Telescope and is titled To be or not to be the Progenitor: The Question about Tycho-B. The goal of the observations is a better understanding of the star that exploded as a supernova in 1572, commonly known as Tycho’s Supernova, after the 16th-century Danish astronomer Tycho Brahe who made careful records of it at the time.
Where: The Ralph Myhre Golf Course
When: Thursday and Friday December 4th & 5th 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
What: Lowest prices of the season!
Free coffee and donuts!
Chance to win a new golf bag!
The Davis Family library is now open 24 hours a day through December 14th. After 11 pm, you will need your ID to access the building. The library will close at 10 pm on Sunday, December 14th.
Armstrong Library will have regular hours, with extended hours Friday and Saturday, December 12th and 13th (closing at 10 pm and midnight, respectively).
A full calendar of the hours can be found at go/hours
There are currently 17 faculty positions, 38 external job postings (regular, on-call and temporary), and 4 internal job postings on the Middlebury College employment opportunities web sites.
Employment Quick Links:
Faculty Employment Opportunities: http://www.middlebury.edu/academics/administration/prospective_faculty/employment
Staff Employment Opportunities: go/staff-jobs (on campus), http://go.middlebury.edu/staff-jobs (off campus)
Please note – to view only internal staff postings, please use the internal posting search filter that was highlighted in this MiddPoints article.
On-call/Temporary Staff Employment Opportunities: go/staff-jobs-sh (on campus),http://go.middlebury.edu/staff-jobs-sh (off campus)
Aqua Aerobic’s at the Natatorium
Wednesday’s and Friday’s starting December 3rd
Come one, come all, to early morning aqua aerobics class.
We will start about 6:10 am, come join early morning workouts.
Great way to start your day.
Questions – contact Norma Leduc
Assistant Aquatic’s Director
firstname.lastname@example.org or x-2242