How to Submit an Announcement
MiddPoints is intended to be an efficient way to share news and announcements from and about Middlebury offices, departments, and programs. The audience is all Middlebury faculty and staff.
To submit an announcement, follow these steps:
- Click here to log in and go straight to the posting screen. (http://go/announce/)
- Fill in the title (“Add title”).
Look at some of the existing posts to get a sense of what should be included in your title.
- You may now click “+” to create the next block of your posting – paragraph or image are the most common choices. Please include an image with your posting whenever possible.
- If you choose paragraph, type your message in the text box. A brief description of your event/announcement is usually sufficient.
- If you choose image, you can upload a picture to accompany your information.
- To add a picture, click the Upload
- Click once on your image file to select it.
- Click Open.
- Click the Save Draft link in the top right of the screen.
- Click the Preview button to view your post before submitting it. The preview opens in a separate tab.
- When ready, click the Publish… button.
- Important: Posts will not be visible to the public until they’ve been reviewed and approved by the Middpoints Editor.
Questions? If you have any difficulty in submitting content using these instructions, simply email your content with relevant attachment(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.