How to Submit an Announcement
MiddPoints is intended to be an efficient way to share news and announcements from and about Middlebury offices, departments, and programs. The audience is all Middlebury faculty and staff.
To submit an announcement, follow these steps:
- Click here to go straight to the “dashboard” and post an announcement. (go/announce)
- You’ll be prompted to log in, and then you’ll be taken to a new post in the “Dashboard” section.
- Fill in the title (“Add title here”).
Look at some of the existing posts to get a sense of what should be included in your title.
- Write your message in the text box.
A brief description of your event/announcement is usually sufficient.
- Please upload a picture to accompany your information whenever possible.
- To add a picture, click the Add Media button.
- Drag your image to the gallery that appears.
- Click the Insert into post button.
- Choose the most relevant Category from the right-hand column.
No new categories will be accepted; please choose from those listed.
- Click Save Draft in the right-hand column.
- Click Preview to view your post before submitting it.
- When ready, click on the Submit for review button.
*Note that posts will not be viewable to the public until they’ve been reviewed and approved by the Middpoints Editor.
Questions? If you have any difficulty in submitting content using these instructions, simply email your content with relevant attachment(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.