Beneficiary(ies) Update Reminder
Naming your beneficiary and keeping the information current is an important aspect of managing your retirement (TIAA) and/or life insurance (UNUM) accounts. A birth, marriage or divorce may have changed your thinking since you made your original choice. Or perhaps you never designated a beneficiary at all. Missing or outdated information can create significant costs and delays for those you leave behind.
This is a friendly reminder to make sure your beneficiary information is updated.
TIAA and UNUM Beneficiary Forms can be found on our HR website: http://www.middlebury.edu/offices/business/hr/staffandfaculty/Forms/benforms . Please return the UNUM Beneficiary Form to HR. TIAA Beneficiary Designation Form should be returned directly to TIAA or you can update your beneficiary information online:
- Log in to your account at TIAA and select My Profile in the top right corner.
- Choose Add/edit beneficiaries
- To add a beneficiary: Select the Add a beneficiary text and follow the prompts.
- To edit beneficiary contact information: Select a beneficiary, click on Edit beneficiary information and follow the prompts.
- To edit allocations and beneficiary type: Select Update account details and make your changes.
If you need further assistance, please call TIAA directly at 800-842-2252. For UNUM related questions, you can call our office at (802) 443-3372 or 5755.