Distance Collaboration Conversation a Success!
On Friday, November 11, the Office of Digital Learning, in partnership with the Digital Learning Commons and the ACTT, facilitated a community-initiated conversation about distance collaboration and remote work. A summary of the meeting has been posted to the Office of Digital Learning blog. The conversation was attended by more than 30 people—at both campuses and online—and covered topics including:
- How to run virtual meetings;
- How to provide leadership for virtual and hybrid teams;
- How to build strong relationships with colleagues at a distance;
- The benefits and obstacles of distance collaboration;
- How to take advantage of the diversity of expertise available throughout the Middlebury community.
The conversation was a first step in moving toward a better understanding of the affordances of the widespread Middlebury ecosystem. Look for other opportunities to contribute to the ongoing conversation coming soon.