Season’s Greetings Middlebury Faculty and Staff!
Help sponsor a local child whose family cannot afford to buy presents for the holiday season through the Giving Trees program, in collaboration with the local organization H.O.P.E (Helping Overcome Poverty’s Effects). Each Giving Tree lists gift ideas for an age-range and gender and this year HOPE will allow parents to choose out of the donated items in a “Holiday Shop” in order to best match gifts with their own children’s interests.
Here’s how to participate:
- You can sponsor a tree by yourself, with a friend, as a department or in another type of group collaboration!
- We ask that you consider spending a minimum amount of $50 per tree – but please don’t let this discourage you from participating! We strongly encourage you to team up with friends and co-workers to maximize the fun and impact of each Giving Tree!
- Do NOT wrap gifts.
- You can pick up a tree (paper cut-out) from the Community Engagement office in 118 South Main on Friday, November 15; Monday, November 18; and Tuesday, November 19 between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.!
- Gifts must be brought back to the 118 South Main Street on Tuesday, November 26 between 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
If you have any questions, please e-mail email@example.com. Take care and have a great Thanksgiving break and upcoming Holiday Season!
Please note a few key changes to this year’s Giving Tree program, in collaboration with HOPE, (Helping Overcome Poverty’s Effects):
- HOPE is creating a “Holiday Store” that will enable parents to come in and make their own selections. To accommodate this approach, the “Giving Trees” will still work as they have, in that you’ll have a child (boy or girl with corresponding ages), etc., but we won’t be matching specific gifts with specific children.
- The store will open at HOPE for parents by Dec. 2, so we need to collect the gifts before Thanksgiving break (note highlighted dates)!
- Finally, remember that Community Engagement moved this summer; we are now at 118 South Main St., on the corner of South Main and Storrs Ave., behind the Library!
As always, thank you for your support and participation.