Season’s Greetings Middlebury Faculty and Staff!
Help sponsor a local child whose family cannot afford to buy presents for the holiday season through the Giving Trees program, in collaboration with the local organization HOPE (Helping Overcome Poverty’s Effects).
• You can sponsor a tree by yourself, with a friend, as a department or in any other way you create
• To try to ensure equity among children in the same family, we ask that you consider spending a minimum amount of $50 per tree – but please don’t let this discourage you from participating! We strongly encourage you to team up with friends and co-workers to maximize the fun and impact of each Giving Tree!
• Do NOT wrap gifts. Please make sure that all the gifts belonging to a tree are together in one bag, unwrapped and unmarked.
• You can pick up a tree (paper cut-out) from Civic Engagement programs in the Center for Education in Action (Adirondack House Rm. 210, upstairs, follow signs) on Monday, November 26th, Tuesday November 27th or Wednesday, November 28th between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.! The tree will have all the information you need: the age and gender of the child/adult, what his/her clothing needs are, and a wish he/she has.
• Gifts must be brought back to the Center for Education in Action on Monday, December 10th between 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
If you have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ashley Calkins ‘06
Community Engagement Coordinator
Center for Education in Action: Careers, Fellowships, Civic Engagement
Middlebury College | Middlebury, VT 05753
802.443.3099 | go.middlebury.edu/eia