Session three of management training took place during the week of February 27-March 2. The focus of session three was managing work relationships and results. Session goals included:
- Learning the keys to hiring and keeping the right people
- Learning and applying how to provide feedback
- Managing resistance to feedback and other workplace conflicts
- Understanding the “what, how and why?” of performance documentation
- Knowing when and how to apply the progressive discipline policy and procedures
To view the slides for the presentation click here. (Please note that you will be required to login to view these slides.)
The following podcast was shared with managers as a supplemental resource for session 3: Giving Effective Feedback
If you would like to learn more, feel free to check out the free resources available at www.manager-tools.com.
This week’s employment snapshot:
There are currently 15 faculty positions, 1 summer Language School faculty position, 21 external job postings and 6 internal job postings on the Middlebury College employment opportunities websites.
Employment Quick Links:
Faculty Employment Opportunities: go/faculty-jobs (on campus), http://go.middlebury.edu/faculty-jobs (off campus)
Summer Language School Faculty Opportunities: go/ls-faculty-jobs (on campus), http://go.middlebury.edu/ls-faculty-jobs (off campus)
Staff Employment Opportunities: go/staff-jobs (on campus), http://go.middlebury.edu/staff-jobs (off campus)