HR Update: A Sneak Peek @ Management Training
In my travels around campus I’ve heard several staff members express some curiosity about what’s going on during the management training sessions. All are encouraged to check in with managers who are attending, and we thought it might be helpful to share the slideshows that are being used as the outline for each session.
The focus of the first session was the roles and responsibilities of managers. Session goals included:
- Clarity on the expectations for the program
- To learn the elements of an effective organization
- To understand and articulate your professional role as a manager
- To understand how to build organizational trust and competence through effective communication and decision making
- To connect with colleagues to establish peer coaching relationships
To view the slides for the presentation, click here.
If you would like to learn more, feel free to check out the free resources available at www.manager-tools.com. The following podcasts were shared with managers as supplemental resources for session 1:
This week’s employment snapshot:
There are currently 17 faculty positions, 1 summer Language School faculty position, 18 external job postings and 2 internal job postings on the Middlebury College employment opportunities web sites.
Employment Quick Links:
Faculty Employment Opportunities: go/faculty-jobs (on campus), http://go.middlebury.edu/faculty-jobs (off campus)
Summer Language School Faculty Opportunities: go/ls-faculty-jobs (on campus), http://go.middlebury.edu/ls-faculty-jobs (off campus)
Staff Employment Opportunities: go/staff-jobs (on campus), http://go.middlebury.edu/staff-jobs (off campus)