As part of 51 Main’s ongoing efforts to connect our programming with the College’s larger educational mission, to develop new opportunities for students to showcase their creative work, and to create a diverse social venue that appeals to both the College and town communities, 51 Main encourages you to plan an event here.
- Course performances or presentations. In the past, classes from the Music, Arabic, and Film & Media Culture departments have performed or exhibited original compositions, poetry, and short films.
- Department dinners or informal gatherings for faculty, seniors, and/or all majors.
- Exhibitions or receptions for guest lecturers and performers. Note: If you have the performance/lecture/exhibit at 51 Main, we can assist with funding.
- Office celebrations for the holidays, staff transitions, or retirement.
- Book talks or readings by faculty, staff, and community members.
If you’re interested in collaborating on an event, please contact Sarah Franco at firstname.lastname@example.org or 443-5052. If you’re interested in planning an event centered around food (dinner, reception, etc.), please contact Carl Roesch at email@example.com or 388-8209.