For Students, Staff & Faculty: Lynda Online Learning Trial Ends March 30
Don’t miss the chance to try out this highly-acclaimed web-based instruction, courtesy of the LIS education and training team. Learn new software and device skills easily and enjoyably by watching 2-3 minute videos or opt to work through entire courses. Choose from video segments covering such varied topics as: desktop publishing, computer literacy, video editing, personal finance and protecting your privacy online.
Here’s how to get started:
- Be sure you are using a computer connected to the college’s network.
- Type go/trylynda in your web browser’s address field.
- Create a personal profile as directed in the right-hand panel to set up a username and password to use during our free trial. (Important note: You cannot simply log in with your Middlebury credentials.) On future visits to the site enter the username and password you created in the left-hand panel to log in; your course history and bookmarking will be retained.
- Using any of the four drop-down menus, the “search” feature, or the list of course titles, select a tutorial or course of interest.
- Click on any video segment and the tutorial should start in a popup window.
- Watch, learn and enjoy – and jot down your reactions to share with the LIS Education and Training Team. We are eager to hear about your experience.
Thank you for your help evaluating this exciting product.
Cynthia “Pij” Slater
Education and Training Team Leader